Strange hardware probem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudolf said:
That's weird ... and stupid. Some minutes ago it was visible.
Try this now: www.rudoka.home.ro
Now it works, If this doesn't works again then forget it.

To Mayor: I checked and doublechecked everything including the cables
what is and what could do an unmountable boot volume?

I ran scandisk, with surface check too, nothing

Those errors could be caused by a problem with your IDE controller. I think you should update your BIOS and your HD's AND CD-ROM's jumpers.

TheMajor said:
Could be your graphics card (as mentioned before).
You really should try a diffrent card. You could also try to clear your BIOS or even flash (update) it.

Maybe you should try to flash your graphics' cards BIOS as well.

woah, wait a minute
that's a little too high for me
and too risky

last time I tried to falsh the bios I had to trash my mobo, of course it was my fault

I'm not sure I can find the needed upgrades anyway, this comp is "ancient"

That will be hard to find, I agree. I cannot find a newer BIOS for my comp either.

I'd say: get a new IDE cable + new graphics card, and maybe a new PSU. Could also be your harddrive.

Con't forget to check your memory.

But it's ahardware problem or I'm wrong?
It seems a real physical problem, some contact problem. So how can an update on the BIOS solve this problem.
If it's not a physycal problem, then why should the bios or anything else have problems form one day to another? Without changing anything in the computer.

I don't know. U said you formatted/re-installed XP so I think its a hardware problem. A BIOS update can resolve SOME issues. It could basically be anything.

I have a computer that is doing the same thing as this guys problem. I have changed every part with another computer that I have, including the PSU and it still does it. I have cleaned it, reinstalled windows (Me version by the way)and done every trick I can think of to fix it and it still does it. If anyone has any more ideas, please let me know and I would be glad to try it.

Hi, Cowboy!

If what you say is true then all I can think of is the motherboard. I am the guy with that computer, until now I tried only with the PSU and the hard disk.
But I gave up even to think about.
In the meantime I bought another comp, way much better. ;)

It would be good to change the motherboard too, to try the original pieces with another motherboard. Unfotunately I can't do that because I can't get any other piece.

Good luck,
Rudolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom