PCI/AGP Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
I have a Asus A7N8X-X, and i want to know if my motherboard has the capabilities to keep the PCI/AGP frequencies locked while i increase my bus?

Wayne

Ive just got my AXP 2200+ to 2025mhz (150*13.5), if i go any higher, the computer restarts when i go into windows. If i raise my voltage, could i get higher speeds without it crashing when it goes into windows? By the way, my temps are good at 2025 mhz.

Thanks
Wayne

my agp speed is 66mhz according to clockgen, but windows wont boot if i go higher than 150mhz FSB (2025mhz) on defult voltages. Im very sure my AGP/PCI is locked.

my agp speed is 66mhz according to clockgen, but windows wont boot if i go higher than 150mhz FSB (2025mhz) on defult voltages. Im very sure my AGP/PCI is locked.
Are you saying even when past 133MHz (stock FSB) that clockgen still says your AGP:pCI is locked? If that option isn't present in the BIOS chances are you can't lock it.

If you're at like 145FSB and it still says 66 on the AGP then yeah it's locked.

If you haven't upped your Vcore at all, then yes you need to add more for stability.

Mind you just because it may boot into windows wont necessarily mean it's remotely stable. You need to run prime95 atleast 12+ hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom