A bios Problem please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stumpy

Baseband Member
Hey everyone I have an asus motherboard that is saying

Bad bios checksum. Starting bios recovery.
searching for floppy...
not found (or something like that)
searching for cd-rom... (I put in the cd-rom that came with the mobo)
reading file A7nv4m400.rom. Completed.
Start Flashing...
flashed successfully. rebooting
(sometimes it dose reboot sometimes it doesnÂ’t)
When it does reboot it will go through the found cd-rom found hard drive, ect,ect. the ram and processor is all correct.
then it will give me this.
Unknown bios error code. error code=DBED
Unknown bios error code. error code=AFF5
(it will give me like 20 of these and do nothing)

I have 2 of these asus boards are brand new out of box and they both do this.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
the board is a nvidia nForce2 seriesa7n8x-vm/400
Thanks,

conrad

my only suggestion is to hard reset your bios. If that doesn't make a different error, or fixes it, you have a serious chip problem, you should contact the manufacturer

Yeah, unplug your computer, remove the battery from your motherboard (for about a half hour or so) and make sure that rgth fter you remove the battery that you press your power button(s)/reset button(s) a bunch of times to expel any power left over. The idea is to completely reset your motherboard by completely taking away ALL power from it (including this little battery in tehre).

After it has sat for a bit and your prety sure that the motheraord has become completely powerless, pop back in the battery and start her back up. See if that does anything better for ya.

The other thing I would sugest trying is booting into windows and figuring out how to flash your bios from windows (if possible0 and if not how to do it from a floppy disk.

Good luck.

Some motherboards come shipped with the Clear Cmos jumper set to clear (pins 2-3 normally). If this is the case, you will experience the problems you have described.

Check this jumper & make sure it is positioned over pins 1-2.

yeah i will hard reset it
and the Cmos is fine
And I cant belive that the 2 (the same models) mobo's both do this.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom