new audio setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your speaker setup is realyl terribly.

Try moving the right more to the right, and hang the rear's from the ceiling.

It doesnt do much at all to splice speaker cables. Even just twisting them together will give plenty of connectivity. The cables on that system should be like 6 ft. for the front and center, 10 ft. for the sides, and 16ft. for the surrounds... maybe more. The cables are skinny little things, and connected with jacks that fit "RCA" or stereo jacks. You know... connector on the outside, and a thick pin in the middle.

I have the P7800 and it works prety well. The sub is quite loud and powerfull for such a small system. Review at http://www.xhardwarereviews.com/p7800.php

The sub can go next to your monitor, but:
1. It looks weird
2. It takes up space
3. Doesnt give you quite as much sound
4. May screw up your monitor

I would put the sub in the corner under your desk as far as possible, such an area will give you TONS of bass, even with carpet.

Oh, I just noticed you had a NX listed... dont get it, simply get a IR reciever and remote or something.

USB sound cards cannot handle surround sound well, especially in games. Just not enough speed there.

@dj-chris why is it terrible can u edit that pic and show me how u would put them. if there is as little difference as gregm says i can add any length so they can be positioned anywhere in the room.

@gregm my mate has a earlier version of the NX and he swears by it, shouldnt be too slow as its usb2.0. also isnt the IR receiver built into the control unit on the platium versions and that would be covered by the door covering my drive bays?

With your rear channels being in soo different of places and so far, it would sound pretty crummy. Enough to make me want to kill myself.

Hang them on the ceiling with a screw or something, and both fronts and both rear's should be at the same level. Subwoofer in your case should be down on the floor in the corner.

speakers0ui.jpg

Im jelous, cuz i dont have a surround set yet. I may just go spend a few hundreed on PC speakers as i really dont want to do my own surround sound thing.

But than, for studio use, i would need another pair of speakers for my PC.

ok think it would be abit hard for me to hang the speakers up there but il look into. only thing is i wanna watch dvds aswel wen sittin on bed which is me in the middle bottom of the picture which would make the whole system be in front of me, thats why i set the rear speaker so far back. u see my problem? thanks for the input though greatly appriciated

Hanging the speakers from the ceiling is defiantly the best approach for your setup. I use an audigy 7.1 to output to an onkyo receiver, which outputs to my speakers (a mixture of alpine's and martin logans :)

Good Luck.

If its USB 2.0... it probably works, but I would suggest a audigy 2 internal (cheapest) anda RF or IR remote seperatly.

You may consider buying/making speaker stands for your rear speakers. to put them near the "Ideal" spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom