Is my GF 6600 GT really stuffed???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
Hi

Ive got a Sparkle GeForce 6600 GT 128MB, with a SIS based motherboard.
I have the beta patch from Nvidia that should make this work, but while playing games (i mainly play Warcraft 3 TFT, so ill use it as an example) The graphics can stop. It can freeze the screen. Sometimes the music is running and sometimes it isnt.

about 70% of the time it will bring it self out of this freeze in about 10-60 seconds.

the other 30% of the time, the computer will shut down with a blue scrren telling me about a probelem with nivd_4, or similar. sorry i cant remember the files name exatly, but i will post it when i find out.

I was wondering if there ws anything i can do before i declare its faulty.

It has the latest driver from Nvidia, even the beta ones.

Thx for any help on this one

Chrono

Both sparkle and SiS aren't very good brands IMO. I would attribute it to both the motherboard and card simply not being of the greatest quality.

A new motherboard might help, but for all you know it could be a defective card as well. Best chance would be to pop it in another motherboard and find out

thx for the reply

the thing is, i only got an SIS and Sparkle brands becasue there cheap.

Im only a kid, and are unable to purchase anything else.

Any other help would really be good about seeing if my GF6600GT is really faulty, or its ust the mobo.

Thx

Chrono

i just want to find out if my GF6600 GT is faulty, so if it is, i can take it back before warrenty runs out

Since theres a warrenty USE IT!!!

I'd try a few steps to trouble shoot...

From worst to best...

FIrst Try totally uninstalling the graphic card drivers and related shoftware...
Turn off computer reseat the graphics card.... and reinstall with latest drivers...

Try again...

If that doesnt work..

THis might be kinda extream.. but you should get used to doing this anyways if you own windows.. back up ur files and reinstall windows...

If you have the time it doesnt hurt.. plus if anything windows will work better afterwards..

reinstall dirvers .. try again... STill doing it?? At this point it most deffinatly going to be a hardware problem.

So then.. Check the warrentys on both the mother board and the video card.. if you still have a warrenty on both...
GOOD!

USE THEM!!!!

If the warrenty is longer on ur mobo then ur video card.. just return the video card and get it replaced then if that doesnt work then turn in the MOBo..

or vice versa...

I have had good experience with RMA with manufacters...

WEll ,Only one, it was a SEAGATE harddrive... but Seagate is a very big and good company..

That's why I don't understand why people go through the computer reselers warrenty when its probally better to go through manufacteres warrenties some times...

NEways try that.. see how it works out...

You should get the GeForce 6800 Ultra.
That in no way even remotely attempts to help his problem. Please do not post things that have nothing to do with the question at hand

Cheap price = Cheap quality. It's better to be patient and save up than settle for a no-name manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom