Noisy Network Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3trj

Fully Optimized
A couple of months ago I built my computer (specs in sig) and I've encountered a wierd problem. When I copy large files over the network my computer makes a wierd high pitched noise. It's like a clicking or squeaking noise, except it's very high pitched. At first I thought it was the hard drive, but when I do other things like installing and defragmenting or copying files about on the hard drive this noise does not occur. It's only when the network usage is near maximum. It's standard onboard 100Mb ethernet.

So has anyone else ever had a similar thing? It might not even be the network, but I can't think what else it is. Any way of fixing it?

It's not really annoying usually, just very wierd.

Thanks in advance.

I know when a computer is really loading it makes sounds. Like a high pitched "nic nic click click" type of sounds. But rapidly. If you say it only happens when under streess. Then it sounds like that.

If thats the issue, i dont think you can do anything about it. My old compaq did that, and my sony does it also. When its really loading. My sony dont do it as loud as my compaq. But you notice it.

But if its REALLY loud. Then something is wrong. To me, it sounds like your HDD. Maybe your psu. I couldent really tell you unless i was there. But if you say its REALLY loud. Then i would try figuring this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom