Uninstallable Exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to the final quote page and tried to print it but it got stuck or nothing happened so thought I would save web page via file save web page but instead of an html page got the exe????

Well I cant do it because I'm here in the US and don't know all the details to fill out the registration.

Hi there gone!!
tried everything then used cmd and dos commands to del files went no problem rebooted to clean machine. Was convinced this file was something stuck with association with firefox or explorer.
Many thanks Warez Monster for your time and efforts.

I found another solution, even thou you fixed, I'm still going to post it, glad you fixed it, hope this works next time someone has this problem.

Delete - Can't Delete Files or Folders

Checkpoints/workarounds: Test the Delete after each suggestion.

1. Go to Start/Run/CMD and type in: RD /S [drive:] path
2. Open Notepad and save the (blank) file with the name of the undeletable file. Under save as, navigate to the file, delete.
3. Move the file into a new directory and then delete the directory.

4. Close all open apps. Open a command prompt (Start/Run/CMD) and navigate to the directory with the offending file(s). Then open the Task Manager and click on the Processes tab, select "explorer.exe" under Image Name. Click "End Process".

In the opened Command Prompt, DEL the offending files (DEL *.mpg, DEL mus*.avi, DEL test.wmv, etc.) Once done, go back to the task manager and click on the Applications tab. Click the "New Task..." button. in the dialog, type explorer.exe and click OK.

Note: Could also opt for: ATTRIB -H -R -S filename before the DEL.

Hi,
have copied and pasted your thoughts just in case, again MANY THANKS for your time and effort.
Troutman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom