new audio setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
I want a dedicated surround sound system for my pc. my audigy card is now gettin very old and i dont like my hifi system for my dvds or games. wat i was looking at was the

creative inspre t7900 7.1 speakers

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=140004

and the
Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX 7.1

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=54385

now i usually go for the internal sound cards BUT with them speakers the control is wired and i want to be able to have a IR remote and the only soundcards with that are very expensive with the drive bay and even with them ive got a door covering my drive bays so it couldnt get through anyhow.

would this setup be good to watch dvds and play games such as city of heros, NFSU2 and HL2?
im looking to spend about £130 (GBP)
Any other suggestions would be appriciated. thanks

I can tell you that those speakers are a very good choice, It's a good quality speaker setup, theres alot of wires with those speakers though. As its an audigy series sound card it should be good and yes it will be good for watching dvd's and playin games [especially hl2].

I have that same external video card. Of course its a USB setup. That sound system is very good. I have a creative labs 5.1 sound system. Its like the best creative labs 5.1 systems, with 500 watts. It has 5 speakers, and of course they all have wires. I mean alot of wires. Im not completely sure why, but only a few speakers work. I think its because they are to close to each other. Once my new rig is finished, im really going to separate those speakers.

But with that system, make sure your speakers are far from each other. Your sound wont get as dense, witch results in a very noisey unclear experience. Thats how all the high out-put systems are. I mean you have a TON of speakers. So make sure they are far from each other.

That external sound card, does make life a little easier. For the simple fact you dont have all your wires behind your system. It will also make your system run slightly cooler. Since its external, it will be a little easier to separate your speakers.

ok thanks for the reply. yea i expected alot of cables but i can easily hide them around my room. ive dun a quick paint overview of how i was goin to lay them out sry if its unclear. the red sqaures are the speakers and the blue square and lines are that external sound card and the cables. does it look like a good enouh layout considering il be watchin dvds from the bed and playing games obvioulsy close to the monitor.

@browz have u got that set of speakers? can u tell me how long the cables are and wat type of plugs they have to each speaker incase i need an extension? thanks

Yeah that looks nice. Im not sure if the speaker wires would reach that far. But your subwoofer shouldent be that close. You always want a sub pretty far undersomething or beside something. Because if it is, then the walls or w/e is near it will also become a speaker.

My sub's speaker is on the bottom. If i put in on the floor, on the carpet. Then the carpet will soften the waves. Witch results in less depth. So i put a big hard wood shelf under it, and man it sounds 100% better. Its also rite at the cornor of the wall, like sitting in the middle of a V. So again, its alot BETTER.

Since your speaker is on the side, i suggest putting it under your desk, in the cornor.

hmm yea i know what u mean, only problem is only other place i could put it would be on floor under desk. i couldnt put it behind my monitor cos the corner of the desk is rounded so its away from the wall. i could put it onto of my bass amp which is under my desk to the left of the monitor as u look at it would that work? i know nothing about audio as u can tell :) if i were to extend the cables with other audio cables and soldering them together would i loose alot of the sound quality?

ive just had a look at i think i can just get them to stretch to fit in might have the rear left and the middle left abit close together though :(

Well just make sure its near somthing big. Do you mean cut the wires, then put them togather? If so their would be power lost. Unless you like welded them togather. But you really have to do it rite.

I have no idea what kind of wires they are. But once you read the manual, you would find out. You "might" be able to spread them that far. So you'll just have to wait and see. If not, just find out what kind of wires you need, then buy them. Try radio shack or best buy. If they dont carry them, then search online somewhere.

yea thats wat i was planning doin but soldering rather than welding.

thanks for he help codeine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom