Who said the Intel can't beat AMD in gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time no post... Well, I'm back and I'd like to say that amd always has and probobly always will beat intel in the game section.

Why would you post a OC Intel, vs a Stock AMD.. Of course its probably going to win. Thats not even fair..

Codeine said:
Why would you post a OC Intel, vs a Stock AMD.. Of course its probably going to win. Thats not even fair..

youre kidding me

you asking me WHY?

maybe to show HOW MUCH a P4 6xx has to be OC'ed to beat AMD??? :rolleyes:

that's it, i'm leaving this forum, some of you guys are just . . . . . . . WTF

It's showing that an AMD with half the clockspeed runs even with an intel.

I now have a new formula for figuring out how an intel will peform in gaming.

Clockspeed \ 2 = What speed of an AMD processor would beat it.

LOL... not quite, but we're getting close to that easy ratio!

Toms did not run so many benchies tho, and it wasnt a semi-permanant setup. This was in a case.

And the reason AMD is so much better in games isn't because of the more work per cycle... well partly. But, it also has less wasted cycles. In a game, things are very random. With a long staged pipeline, like intel, if the data changes, or is wrong, it has to go back and do it again and use a clock for every stage. With AMD, however, it has much fewer stages, and therefore if its wrong, wastes less cycles. But when both at 100% correct, data from a, say 500 stage pipeline and a 5 stage pipeline will come out at the same speed.

even at 5.2GHz it barely squeaks out over the AMD. Twice the speed in terms of clock speed and barely a lead in performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom