AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was talking about stock vs. stock speed, no oc. obviously if you've oced yours so much, i'd kinda hope it would beat a 2.8. i've also oced mine to 3360. what's your pcmark04 score? mine's in my sig.

jnev_89 said:
i was talking about stock vs. stock speed, no oc. obviously if you've oced yours so much, i'd kinda hope it would beat a 2.8. i've also oced mine to 3360. what's your pcmark04 score? mine's in my sig.

stock vs. stock then yes, i see what you are saying.

pcmark04 is an all around benchmark, not a CPU test. I could have an FX-55 system topped out...but running on an MX-440 and lose to a Celeron system with a 6800U...the gfx card is what REALLY makes the difference.

What you might want to compare (being more CPU dependent) is something like super_pi. I believe my fastest time for the 1M test was 35secs, but i don't have screenies anymore.

Your system all around is definetly better than mine...i won't argue that. You have a video card 10X better than mine and 2X the RAM. If i had a 6600GT and another 512MB i might be able to match your pcmark 04' score (or hopefully beat it lol). But as it stands with 512MB or RAM and a stock 9200 64MB card my top score in 04' is 4203. So all-in-all i'm behind ~800 points due to half the RAM and a very old gfx card.

this is one long ass topic ppl and were not arguing that much! how come we cant do that over video cards? actually why do we have to defend a companies name? i think that each company defends its name by the product they put out.

all athlon 64's have: X86-64 MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNOW!, 3DNOW!+
only the best Pentium 4's have: X86-64 MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

most Pentium 4's have: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

Yeah, i do see more Celerons than Semprons, but Semprons are basicly Athlon XP's rebadged, and Athlon XP's arnt that bad. And if some Semprons had mobile capability, they should have the wonderful overclocking ability of Mobile Athlon XP's.

Wayne

4W4K3 said:
stock vs. stock then yes, i see what you are saying.

pcmark04 is an all around benchmark, not a CPU test. I could have an FX-55 system topped out...but running on an MX-440 and lose to a Celeron system with a 6800U...the gfx card is what REALLY makes the difference.

What you might want to compare (being more CPU dependent) is something like super_pi. I believe my fastest time for the 1M test was 35secs, but i don't have screenies anymore.

Your system all around is definetly better than mine...i won't argue that. You have a video card 10X better than mine and 2X the RAM. If i had a 6600GT and another 512MB i might be able to match your pcmark 04' score (or hopefully beat it lol). But as it stands with 512MB or RAM and a stock 9200 64MB card my top score in 04' is 4203. So all-in-all i'm behind ~800 points due to half the RAM and a very old gfx card.

damn... i get 38s on super-pi. but i can see your point, i figured that pcmark would be a more cpu-focused benchmark. why can't they make cpumark05 or something :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom