AMD Athlon XP 3200+ Problem, Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold123

Baseband Member
I recently purchased an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ Processor and had it installed on my computer. When i load my system settings and read the specs, it says my processor is 1.1ghz, it is supposed to be 2.2, is it damaged or what is wrong?

i turned the fsb up to 166mhz, but if i go up to 200mhz i get a blue screen after windows xp loads and tells me about memory dumping and some other stuff

change the fsb back to whatever it was before.

in bios look for a 'voltage and frequency" menu

in there you can change 'cpu frequency' to 133 or 200 or something

FSB needs to be 200

The RAM should automatically set itself to whatever it is. The only time RAM will follow it is if you specifically have it set to 'Expert' mode on most motherboards which allows you to set it's clock speed and/or where it actually has a CPU:DRAM ratio that you can select.

If you have PC3200 and you're setting your FSB to 200 and it won't turn on, somethings wrong there

my ram is pc3200 yes, and how do i set this CPU frequency stuff? cant find it in BIOS. Also, when i switch fsb to 200, i get a blue screen after windows loads and it tells me about dumping memory.

go to bios, you say you cant find the 'voltage menu'? on one of my machines there is something called a "cell menu", in there is where i can adjust my "CPU FSB frequency"... try that.

if not look in every menu (you don't want 'ram frequency') if you cant find it in a menu then try to "load optimized defaults" (who knows, maybe it wont give you a 'voltage menu' unless you do that)

if that fails.... your SOL...

no just kidding, its in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom