pci-e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your motherboard should take the normal connectors and if you get a video card that requires power it will take the standard molex connectors.

no. or at least i didn't. i just plugged my 6600gt into the pci-e slot and it's been working fine. it runs off the mobo's power

pci-e versions of the 6600gt dont need extra power but i know the agp version do need a connection direct from the psu. pci-e motherboard do need a 24pin connection rather than the 20pin on agp motherboards so i would look into that if i were u.

that could be a problem. Do you think they sell those locally (like compusa) because i live in alaska and i dont really want to spend 15 bucks for shipping a 5 dollar part. ZipZoomFly is another option, but i cant seem to find the adaptor there.
Can anyone post a link to one if you can find it (preferably compusa or zipzoomfly, or anyone where shipping isnt horrible)?

EDIT: It says onthe specifications that it is "Designed for AMD K7 and Intel ATX +12V 1.1 and ATX 2.03 version (Fully Support Pentium 4),"
and i guess you need atleast an ATX 2.0 to run a pci-e board? Im really hoping i can find a way to make it work (as in find that it will work or find a suitable adaptor), or else i may have to go toward AGP.

Most, if not all PCI-e boards come with an adapter from 2 molex connectors to a PCI-e connector. You should be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom