Video Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

silence782

In Runtime
I'm trying to install a Radeon 9250 PCI video card into my system. My motherboard's an Elitegroup KSOM+ with integrated video. When I installed the Radeon, I just get a black screen - not even a BIOS screen. So, I tried leving the card installed, and using my integrated video, which I was then going to use to configure the card, but it appears when the card is installed, my integrated video doesn't work either.

But when I remove the Radeon, my integrated video works jut fine. But the Radeon won't work in either case. I know the card is good, and I was very carefully to use anti static protection. Does anyone have any ideas?

How do I do that? I've tried throught the BIOS already, I can only assume there's a jumper that I'm not seeing that I'm supposed to set. As for having the driver or not, without video, I can't see to install it.

go to control panel, systems, hardware profile, video, right click your intergrated video and disable

Yes, but if I do that, and still can't get my PCI card to work, I have to reinstall my operating system.

By the sound of it, your motherboard is one of those that auto detects the presence of an add-on video card & automatically disables the integrated one when add-on card is present. This explains why integrated only works when add-on card is removed.

Make sure the pci video card is in pci slot 1 & make sure it is fully inserted. If it still doesn't work, try moving it to another slot.

tried that as well. Upon further research, I found out that my motherboard has problems disabling the ingegrated video when a pci card is installed. It's kind of a moot point anyway, because I bought a whole new computer since, and given my old 1.4 to my mom. Thanks, to everyone who posted trying to help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom