Asus P5AD2-E Premium 925XE VS Gigabyte GA-8AENXP-D Rev2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Harris

Beta member
Hey all

I am going to build a new Intel PC, which i am using for games and software such as Maya.

The two motherboards in the title i have stated are the ones i am deciding over.

Which one of the two is better or is there nothing really in it?

Is there a better Intel motherboard out around that price range?

cheers

Matt

from my view, their newer boards i think are....but, if someone likes asus, they are gonna say asus is better....

try to find some benchmarks or something with the two boards if you can....that will help you decide to

I have that asus board and have been very happy with it. The install is easy, the layout is good, and it has TONS of stuff on it.

If you search the reviews for the asus you will see it does VERY well. Porformance wise it beats everything.

I can't comment on the quality side as much since I have only had mine for a couple of months. The overall feel of it is excellent though.

The overclock options, and other bios options, are very good. You have anything from an "IA" overclock option to all the manual options you need. It also has the "lock free" options if you combine it with a 550 or 560 P4.

The bundle is also good, I swear it came with 20 something sata cables.

That is helpful information as you own the board.

I have tried to look up a benchmark test between the two but have been unsuccessful.

I have found good reviews about the Asus board, but there does not seem to be any information about the Gigabyte board although the specs seem very similiar.

I don't think this is an indicator that the Asus board is better however.

Does the Asus board support the new 6** processors idiotec?

Does the board only support DDR2 ram and what does it actually go up to, because different places state differnt Mhz.

cheers for the input guys

matt

Does the Asus board support the new 6** processors idiotec?
Yes
Does the board only support DDR2 ram
Yes, and only DDR2. So make sure you get 240 pin ddr2 RAM
what does it actually go up to, because different places state differnt Mhz.
What do you mean? It will support any socket 775 chip, so those go to 3.8GHz I beleive. The FSB is 800/1066, I have had mine passed 1066 no problem.

For me i'll choose Gigabyte if i'm not going to overclock the cpu.

Asus was a good company but recently there is some issue about the material they use on their motherboard, so that's why people complain about it. However, Asus has the best compatibility with other hardwares, and their bios update is good. These two advantages only Gigabyte can competes with Asus.
Gigabyte's motherboard is not design for you to overclock, but they are probably the most stable motherboard you can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom