Is it just me or 6800 Ultra sucks #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont set it at 16x af, all you really need is 8x, cause the difference is close to none to the human eye IMO.

ATI handles AA better than nvidia and not only that CS:Source is using the HL2 engine which was made for...guess who!?! ATI!!

That'd be why it's lagging in that game is my speculation.

And yeah that that 3000+XP, even if you had it OC'd if you are running it at a 333FSB like it is stock, then that'd be hindering your system including your RAM

Personaly i dont see any difference with aa and af on or off because im partially color blind...lol, but when i turn aa anf af off the fps gain is minimal(5fps). Ill try to reinstall my windows today because it hasn't been running smoothelly for a while now.

B/w Omega drivers are SICK the card works SO much better with them.

koldapu said:
nVidia is to CS:S and HL2 as ATi is to Doom3

they just weren't made for each other

The 6600GT's still go hand and hand with the 9800 XT's in CSS and HL2

I get 110FPS on a stock 6600GT in stress test
This is with 1280 x whatever
All eye candy
4x AA and 8x AINSF (i will doubble check these settings)

I think i got it now. As i said i got this program called nTuner. So i did the tunning and it turned out that my agp was running at 6X for some reason. Well now its running at 8.3X and i also set higher FSB settings. The card is now running well above the baseline.

Oh and I also reinstalled my windows, but i dont think that helped.

I really agree with apokalipse. I mean the XP's arent ideal for gaming. But your video card is. I think the video card is just handling to much of your game. If you had a AMD64 3200, i would think you wouldent have as much trouble. I dident know that the game was really made for 512mb or 512 bit video cards. So that tells you alot. That information makes me feel better.

Thanks to everybody's replies. The cars isnt so bad after all. And that nTuner program is awesome.

The beauty of Doom3 graphics is still to be seen because i just found out that all textures in are made for 512 bit video cards and because there is no such card we will wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom