Boot Up Looping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akilian

Solid State Member
Hey All, Im a tech at a local business and Im starting to see a lot of machines that seem to loop the boot up. Lets say you have a HP, well the hp logo comes up at boot up then the loading XP screen comes up, Then the HP again and again XP and so on.
Do any of you all know or seen this happen? If so lemme know.
Thanks, Akilian

It is happening with more than HP, I used that as an example.
But all of the computers have been less than a year old.

Thank You for the responses. But, How can I fix this problem if I cannot get into the OS. I cannot even get into safe mode. It just keeps restarting. These machines are all new.(I work at Best Buy)
I had four come in two days. You dont think a virus could have done this? Or maybe a bad batch of machines?

What happens if you hang a drive and load an OS on the system? If it fails to load an Os then you have a hardware issue. If you can load an Os on the system on the new drive, then your software got hosed. Basically is it hardware or software?

If software you could try using repair consol, see if an important file got corrupted.

If you suspect a virus, take the drive out and slave it on another system that has AV installed, then scan it. This is most likely the reason, but who knows til you try it. :)

If these are fairly new systems as you say, find out from the owners as they bring the computers in with this problem when it started.

1- Has it been happening since they bought the PC.
2- Did they change something days prior before the problem started.
3- If they changed something and the computer has not been able to boot since, your in luck, start PC, hold the F8 key and from the screen choose last known good configuration and boot the computer. Problem solved, one setback, only works with 2000 0r above.

Akilian said:
(I work at Best Buy)

If you don't mind me asking, and this is not a rip on you, but what kind of education do you need to be a Tech for Best Buy? My past experences with they're Tech Support leads me to believe you pull people off the street.

Lostman said:
If you don't mind me asking, and this is not a rip on you, but what kind of education do you need to be a Tech for Best Buy? My past experences with they're Tech Support leads me to believe you pull people off the street.

Not to change the subject, but here in my town they did hire right off the street when they opened, but needed to know and blow to get in.

Furthermore, I have had conversations with the techs have come right out and said they have no background or A+. But if it came down to it and did a little digging would probably find out they are related to the mayor or some politition.

AGAIN!!! Akilian, don't take offence to this as things might not be as politically inclined in your area and we are not pointing to you.

Well, to tell you the truth, some are not certified. But you do have to pass a test. And yes, its easier if you know someone. I have background. Im also a programmer. Everyone I work with has background. Some of our techs are techs just to help us out, they dont make the calls or we dont leave any thing in their hands.
Being Best Buy; "I'd rather have a low grade tech job", than to work at a fastfood or the supermarket while in school.
Im out like a tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom