switching from ATI to nVidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
It really doesn't make sense to install a completely different companies drivers over drivers that are already on there. That will just cause problems. First and fore most you have to get the previous off, unless of course you're going from nvidia to nvidia

WouldnÂ’t the computer realize that there is a card other than the one that it is used to and-
1. Have a few errors,
2. Revert back to windows default vga settings,
and
3. Find the new hardware and allow for its drivers to be installed?

Because I have actually never done it that way I am going off of an educated guess.

When you switch out a cd-rom it still knows how to use it and or adapt to the change.

I have even swapped HDÂ’s before (when I had two comps pulled apart and forgot which HD goes to which comp) and it booted right to windows and worked fine.

reformatting windows is easy

i have already walked someone else through tonight.

go to bios, set the first boot device to cd-rom

then when you exit and save your comp will restart. watch for it to say "boot from cd..." or something, then press enter.

it will go to a blue screen and start loading windows.

after a while it will say something... press enter, then when it says a whole page of something else... press f8.

on the next screen press the escape key.

from there you can follow the directions in deleting and creating the partitions.

(you will want to save your data before you do this cuz you will loose everything on your HD)

r1c3_808 said:
I dont know what reformat means, and reinstalling windows seems complicating so im gonna get driver cleaner and read the instructions.

Keep in mind i got into computer stuff about 2 weeks ago... lol
it's not hard at all. as long as you can read you can do it
i'm a noob too and have done it multiple times

does windows still work after i uninstall the drivers?

if so then im just gonna uninstall them use the driver cleaner to completely wipe them out. Then ill jus shutdown and switch cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom