PC build issue's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supei

Solid State Member
Hello, first time poster so be gentle :)

I just recently bought a new mobo, cpu and ps for my older home built rig.

Got it to post once, made it to the windows user id screen only to have the usb mouse not work (keyboard not working either). Mouse had power, so I unplugged it and put it in another usb port. Just as I did this, the system turned off.

I rebooted and cant get it to post anymore, and my Antec case speaker gives three loud beeps instantly after I power it on and repeats every 5 seconds or so.

I have stripped it down to nothing but the mobo, cpu/fan, and case connections and still get the error beeps. My mobo manual doesnt give any troubleshooting help for that error (or any error) and the website doesnt support non current mobo's. I am at a complete loss.

Specs and models of componants:
Soltek Top Mainboard, SL-KT880E
AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU
Windows XP Pro
IBM IDE HD
768 DDR (512,256)
GeForceTi 4400 AGP 128
Creative 512 sound
400w PS

I sold my soul to my wife to do this upgrade, she will KILL ME if I cant get it running without spending more $$ to do it.

Please help me guys, I am at a total loss. I am really hoping I am missing something really simple. Let me know if you need more specs info. Thanks in advance

Reseated, moved them about a bit as well. No change. I have another chip someplace I will try in a bit.

Great find btw, I wasnt able to find that at all. Ill continue to tinker with the RAM.

My other stick of ram did nothing. Ahhhh JUNK! Anybody else have any ideas before I send this thing back and try to get my money back?

I think ill try that, dont know if I want to wait for one from China though. Ill check locally. Thanks guys :)

Supei said:
I think ill try that, dont know if I want to wait for one from China though. Ill check locally. Thanks guys :)

China, ha...., bad stuff.
Buy Gigabyte's motherboard, they all from Taiwan.

VIII,

Only two slots, tried every possible combination I could with the three sticks I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom