my proof!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATI are rushing its R520, so I doubt it would outperform what Nvidia will bring out next.

the FX-5200 was not a "complete waste" of a card, it is a very good card for those who don't have much money. I've seen it run Doom 3 okay.

I'd say the reason the 5800 was pulled out is because it wasn't selling very well. the FX's were by far not a "failiure" but ATI did have the lead in this generation.

ATI had the lead for quite a while, but now it's Nvidia's turn.
the X850 pretty much is an X800 "on steroids" and so is the X800 to the 9800. however the 6800 is a completely new card against the FX's

the X850 may be "better" than the X800, but against the 6800 the comparision is different. the X800's do not give so great OpenGL performance over the 6800's, but give similar Direct3D performance. the X850's are a similar card to the X800 and give similar performance in OpenGL and Direct3D. the 6800's still win in OpenGL, and often in Direct3D too.

The X800 series IS a complete failure for ATI, however the FX series wasn't a complete failure for Nvidia. The 6800 series' 75-150% lead over the X800 series in Doom 3 is a total embarassment for ATI, and ATI should be ashamed. They better get their act together for the R520 or there is not going to be an ATI much longer.

It won't suprise me however, if Nvidia suprises us with a end-all killer card directly after the R520 is released. Even if the next Nvidia card is inferior to the R520, at least Nvidia can write drivers to make their card work.

Although, as much as I hate ATI, I hope they stay in business because an unchallenged Nvidia would mean the quality would start going downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom