Upgrade to Athlon 2600+ XP-Mobile???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe the 35watt is a TBreb, and not a Barton like the 45watter. Anyone know if this is correct...i might be wrong.
Yeah what lazerman said. the 35w is also barton.

But yea

No. Get the 2400-M 35W.

All the Athlon XP's crank out ~65W of heat.
The XP-M's crap out ~45-55W.
We aren't talking about the normal XP's here. And currently the 45w 2600+ XP-M would probably be better as I've seen the few 2600+XP-M users around here hit the same clock speed with lower Vcore

im pretty sure that if you switch your cpu, all you will have to do is clear your CMOS

I believe the reason they say your board will only support up yay far is simply because your chipset can't handle higher FSB's beyond 266. Technically when you get that chip, you can go beyond 133 in the BIOS, but you will be pushing your motherboards limitations, so you will have to find the sweet spot between your CPU and mobo limitations.

OK. I thought about the same, guys.

The reason they say only "yay" far is because that is all that was out then. But, as long as it is a socket A and 266 FSB, I figure it will work pretty good. I figure I might as well get a HSF while I'm at it. Probably a K8 Silent Boost, since I hate noise from my computer.

When I buy a new mobo, it will be for a new, custom made rig, not this crappy emachine. But, then, you gotts make do with what you got if you don't have the dough to do otherwise.

Thanks for the advice all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom