webcam probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

refcol2002

Solid State Member
can anyone out there help me on this one.i recently bought a pc-line webcam i've installed all the software and drivers for it but even though sys says its there and working,yet when i start it, it comes on screen for about 30 sec's and then locks up, its usb plugged its baffled me for a week now, my op sys is win 98,
amd athlon xp2000+ 1.7 GHz
jetway 266b motherboard
nvida ge-force 2 mx/mx 400 vers 4
128 memory
hope this helps as i've no hope of solving on my own

have you tried putting it into a different USB port, also try uninstalling the sw and drivers and re-installing them.

maybe you have to go to the manufacturers siteand download a driver so that it can be properly supported for win98, because if it is a brnad new cam, the drivers are probably for 2000/xp that came with it.

so check ut the site and see if you can download some drivers for 98

i,ve uninstalled and reinstalled all software and drivers and i've checked for drivers but drivers with software ok for win 98. what i have found is that if i change my graphics card for the old one which is a trio 2d/3d card it works also the nvida card was very hot when i took it out.

Not unless you have really poor air circulation. The video would just be really choppy. Are you using a USB hub by chance?

Have you checked on updated drivers for the video card?
Seems that the Video card may be at fault here... Might be worth looking into geting a new one. Yours is getting a little outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom