Windows Longhorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuber

Baseband Member
I saw at a board that some people were talking about it. What is it? Is it another name for Windows XP?

it is the new version of windows set to come out in a few years. It is like xp but is supposed to have a new file system, and a new feature call a side bar

Its also supposed to be completely integrated with .NET and that means... Goodbye Privacy!

(and goodbye piracy.)

I have seen this and played with it alittle, and of course, right now it sucks, but it's in Alpha form.

But the plans are big. We'll just have to wait and see if they make it to reality.

yep i got this. unless u have like 1gb of ddr ram then dont use it. u need a sh!t load of ram. 512 mb DDR ram makes it run 3/4 well. i luv the sidebar its mad az. cant wait for the full version. rite now the alpha sux baaaaaaad.

lance

Just wait....all the rest of us can look forward to ehhhh RedHat 10.0??!!? or something of that nature :) :D

Yuber said:
I saw at a board that some people were talking about it. What is it? Is it another name for Windows XP?

It's the next version of XP or the Windows client to follow XP. Slated to come out in 2005 it is still in the Alpha testing stage. But copies are available.
Cavid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom