RAM memory question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over a gig in gaming does nothing

However, having over a gig in some programs does alot. 4gb isnt too much for photochop

Usually branded ram performes and overclockes better than generic. however i have generic ram and it isnt too bad. My ram is made for pc 2700, but i underclocked it to pc 2100 to run in time with my FSB of my Athlon XP 2200+, theres no point having ram running faster than your FSB. So i underclocked it from 2700 to 2100, and lowered my latencies to 2-2-2-4.

Warez Monster said:
control panel, system, performance, advanced, virtual memory change button, no paging file.

Done I got a bunch of warning "Windows is out of virtual memory" is this having a negative effect on my system?

I suggest at least a gig of memory if your gonna be gaming, 2 is really better. And a good graphics card.

hewhohasissues said:
Done I got a bunch of warning "Windows is out of virtual memory" is this having a negative effect on my system?

Minimum 2 gigsRAM. Also I would not just turn it off. I would leave it on and only leave like 2mb of space for it to use. Even if you have 4 gigs of ram, it might still bug you about the pagefile. To fix that you need to tweak the memory management settings in the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom