speed of electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh...I'm not scientist I can guaruntee you that...I'm a 16 year old kid who's got no life....;) jk

It's odd isn't it? It's all in how it leads into something else...and when that can of worms has been opened...aww here it goes! (nick nick nick nick nuh nick nick nick...lol for those of you who used to watch Nickelodeon) Idk really...all I wanted to kno was the relative velocity of electricity through pure copper wire 100ft in length...lol. But I found it already and now this topic is interesting....!!!

Physics is cool - which is why I went into the field - doesnt make any money though. People didn't feel that way 15 years ago but the internet has changed us all. Now it really is cool to be a computer nerd with a supped-up overclocked case with neon lights and a dozen fans, and grand-master warrior in some online game and - oh my god - to actually try to understand the technology. I'm impressed at how the people in this forum are asking a lot of the right questions about relativity and the curiousity that has made this a popular thred. Not terrible impressed with the answers but that's all part of the process...

Yeah, Bells entangled quantum pair... thats some weird stuff and WAY over my head, I just understand the basics, enough to be intrigued by it. As far as the answers, thats because there really isn't any answer to this question because the scenario isn't possible. The experiments are nothing more than interesting. Slowing down and speeding up light. Other explanations for this, I'm sure, but that does NOT mean it isn't interesting reading non-the-less.

Soloman02 said:
I take offence to that, since I have never smoked it (though many of my friends who work at mcdonalds, do) and because you have no way of knowing what I have or have not done in my lifetime thus far, so..

I take a offense to that, because i dont work at mcdonalds... what's wrong with smoking pot?

killians45 said:
Yeah, Bells entangled quantum pair... thats some weird stuff and WAY over my head, I just understand the basics, enough to be intrigued by it. As far as the answers, thats because there really isn't any answer to this question because the scenario isn't possible. The experiments are nothing more than interesting. Slowing down and speeding up light. Other explanations for this, I'm sure, but that does NOT mean it isn't interesting reading non-the-less.

While relativity and Quantum Mechanical predictions repeatedly have been confirmed experiminetally, in some contrived situations they produce results that don't currently make any sense. There are other mysteries surrounding general relativity and current models of the universe. We still haven't been able to observed a graviton or a Higg's particle. I personally think the "Big Bang" is a load of crap but it's the accepted theory and we work with it anyway. Recent porposals of observed "dark Galaxies" not withstanding, the best scientists see what they want to see and there is still a lot to learn. The important thing is for young people to be curious and to continue doubting and asking questions!

agreed. much has been passively observed. example being a black hole. they can not be directly observed, however the effect CAN be observed. thats why the question of the headlights can not be answered, because we can only go by theory and passive observations. I agree, though. Nothing has ever been solved through complacency but only by questioning the data and the (even through ridicule) popularly accepted answer. some still believe that the earth is still the center of everything and site the michelson and morley experiment... allthough I think its b.s., it does take someone who is willing to take the kind of ridicule that someone who holds to that idea to test new ideas and progress the understanding of nature in whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom