OCZ DDR1 massive overclock - DDR772

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Yeah plus the article that 4W4K3 posted in another thread regarding the AMD64 OC'ing was saying OC'ing an Intel is boring, whereas AMD can takes weeks to perfect your systems OC

that's so true lol. i oced my cpu 500mhz and the mobo adjusted the voltage automatically. i didn't have to do anything and everything has been working perfectly since. i'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing though (that the mobo automatically adjusted the voltage)

that's so true lol. i oced my cpu 500mhz and the mobo adjusted the voltage automatically. i didn't have to do anything and everything has been working perfectly since. i'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing though (that the mobo automatically adjusted the voltage)

Yeah they were mainly saying it's just like...raise the FSB until it's stable...and that's basically it lol.

AMD's have so much more to tinker around with to get the most of your system.

And for all those who say "AMD = Gaming, Intel = Everything Else"

Well tell that to Jim Henson Productions. They have some of the best real time 3d rendering hardware out there, and guess what they use? Dual Athlons and then one of the guys in charge of the puppetry was saying they also are using Opterons. Take that intel!

Meh. Companies should skip to DDR3 over DDR2.

ATI & nVidia experimented with DDR2. The FX5800U & one model of the 9800XT.

Both performed much worse than their DDR1 counterparts, as well as other DDR1-based graphics cards.

DDR3 on the other hand, is MUCH faster than DDR1, & has better latencies as well.

everybody has already switched to DDR3 so what are you trying to say? Are you saying that we go to DDR3 on our mobos? thats insane cause they still haev head room on ddr1. I think that Video cards are going way to far ahead in technology and they cant keep up on mobos.

ok lets not get GDDR3 and DDR2&DDR3 mixed up

as far as vram is concerned the timings could be 5-5-5-10 for all we know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom