Linksys Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
i hjave a question about my Linksys router wireless-g broadband 2.4GHz speedbooster here the question how far do they work up to. Like can i take it to my friends house and will the internet still work. So how far will this router work up too.

lol, your friends house... How far does he live? Either way i wouldent count on it. I'v noticed even if its the same router some will work further then others.

you know, you could incease the distance of your wireless signal, just pick up a linksys signal booster from radioshack, or a hawking, your choice.

the 802.11b frequency has a much farther signal range then the 802.11g, but the B is slower in turn, not 54mb/s. i think B is 11mb/s.

actually...if it's a linksys router...you're in luck...Linksys routers run a very low level version of Linux on them...and they post the source online too! There are cracked versions of firmwares, that can boost the power of your router by 300%....and you can run various Applications too...aka....manage your bandwidth to download torrents faster...FTP transfers....anything and everything my friend..........................

As far as DISTANCE goes...in MOST areas....if the channel is clear, channel 6 seems to work the furthest distance. You can also try making a parabolic reflector for your antennas on the router...that will help tremendously for non-omnidirectional usage. Try googling that for some more insight...you'll dig up a boatload of info. I had picked up on a Linksys router with Netstumbler...and got a 17% signal from at least 200 meters away, if not more...and thats THROUGH housing and everything; but that was in such a sensetive spot in my room, that if the antenna moved literally an inch...I would lose signal altogether!

well where can i find this at about my router to boost it up and plus how do it when i get the software and stuff will it just boost it up.

I seriously dident know their were boosters lol. Im getting a wireless router when my rig is finished. I getting a booster too. But how does it really work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom