How to persuade parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that Pilman. Sounds pretty rough. But Trotter is rite. Try to work with them, and see what you guys can pull togather. Even if they did get you a computer. Their will always be something next in line you want. Witch the system of needing money will just start over. Either way, getting use to buying things yourself, or just not getting something because you cant afford it will come. So you just have to adapt.. Get what im saying?

why don't you swith your mac with your mom's p2, and then you could do something you can't do with mac. I'm not kidding, my dad and my older brother still share a p2 300, and my dad recently bought a laptop for my brother for his present to get into graduate school and with a GPA of 4.
And for me, i'm 16 too, and i got my new pc recently. I didn't spend my money, but my conditions are that i'm not driving until i'm a college student, i'm paying my DSL internet fee, not having a cell phone until college, keep straight A at school, and i persuade my parents for many months and tell them the advantages for having a new computer.
You have to sacrifice something inorder to get the new pc.
Good luck to you!

amdrocks said:

And for me, i'm 16 too, and i got my new pc recently. I didn't spend my money, but my conditions are that i'm not driving until i'm a college student, i'm paying my DSL internet fee, not having a cell phone until college, keep straight A at school, and i persuade my parents for many months and tell them the advantages for having a new computer.
You have to sacrifice something inorder to get the new pc.
Good luck to you!

You are paying your DSL fee, but you aren't driving? They make you walk to work every day? That's awful.

ohGrFreak said:
You are paying your DSL fee, but you aren't driving? They make you walk to work every day? That's awful.

I walk to my neighbor's house across the street to babysit for two kids for 2 hours. (I hate those kids:mad: )

I used my debit card online and secretly built my computer ;)

SSSHHHHHH

:p

lol, but my parents NOW know . . . they like it more than THEIR computer and now want me to build one for them!!

My theory is to build a really really cheap one use it for a month or two and sell it, make some money, build another one use it for a month or two and sell it. Just keep on selling your computers you will make some extra money on the way for a better and better one.

Re:

Hello,

My advice is generally the same as most...If hinting, asking, pleading, begging and justifying doesn't result in success...think about a money earning solution. I've gotta say I am somewhat of a lucky basta*d... :rolleyes:. Gather round and listen to my bedtime story :D:

When I was 14, we had two computers: One family P4 1.7Ghz PC, and my sister had a P4 2.7Ghz Laptop. The worst thing is that we are a family of six!!! So before the laptop, we had many hair pulling sessions :p . However, still with two computers, it would be tricky booking time with a PC...as the Laptop would disappear off to university along with my sister. So really we still only had one computer to share :(.

The issue really, is that we would either spend overtime on the PC, or spend too much time waiting to go on. So I thought, why not use the old family PC? Before the P4 1.7Ghz PC, we had a Packard Bell Pulsar computer, at what is very low specs now: Pentium II 233Mhz, 32MB SDRAM, 4GB Hard Drive and PCI matrox 4MB graphics. This computer had two ISA ports :p !!! Despite these comparatively shamefull and meaningless specifications, I went ahead and dusted the cobwebs of it, and placed it in my room along with an old Dell CRT.

I must confess, I truly loved...and still miss that computer, for it was rather reliable for single-tasking. Low profile use such as some audio editing, browsing the internet, checking email and typing documents. Plus, it was the first PC I'd opened a computer case, and the first time I'd ever witnessed the inner workings of a PC. But unfortunately, I was getting increasingly aggravated with the continual blue screens, freezing, slow performance, restrictions and lack of potential. Very lucky for me, my very kind father insisted on purchasing me a new computer as kind of a happy 15th birthday (current specs in signature), as he recognised my fustration and noticed my deepening interest in computers. Something I was and still am highly greatful for.

I have to say, if he hadn't bought me a new PC, my understanding of computers would not have expanded as much. This is because my new PC had greater potential than my old machine. It allowed me to explore the world of up to date technology, bridging if you like, from old to new. I could go hands-on, exploring the inner components of the new PC. I had more computing power for wider opportunities. Such an example would be the capability of running demanding webpage creation software, which can then journey to coding, scripts, the Internet, web hosting, domains, databases and more. It was also, in a way, an insentive or drive into the computing world.

The strange thing is that, after my new PC, I felt that I had more confidence and knowledge. I felt ready to further explore the makeup of computers. From there, I decided to take on a challenge, and upgrade the old Pentium II 233Mhz machine, and peel off the new layer of cobwebs. My brother now uses the adequate PC, upgraded with: new case, Intel Celeron 466Mhz, GeForce 4 MX AGP Graphics, multichannel sound, 80Gb HDD and CD-RW Drive. He's happy with it, and I find it a treat. This was my first ever upgrade, and since then, have felt completely confident with upgrading, repairing and fixing computers.

Furthermore, my better knowledge allowed me to design, manage and implement my father's business website. So it is in a way, a form of physical repayment and gratitude. You could in the future, upgrade your parent's computers :D :D :).

So, In a very large essay...some persuasive reasons :D .:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom