Recycle bin Gone crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjsinpl

Beta member
Hi .

I am in need of some serious help. I have widows xp running on my machine and for some reason the darn thing wont empty.
when i open the recycle bin there is nothing in it. but the icon is showing a full bin. If i empty it it says would u like to permanantly delete these 8 items. strange seein that there is nothing there. So i went toi the recycler folder. to find out that it is now 10 gigs large. again there is nothing inside of it. so i looked at some forums and they all said to delete the folder as it will be created again. so i tried but when i did that a message came up saying "are you sure you would like to delete desktop as it is a system folder. i was a bit skeptical about doing this..:confused: so i would really appreciate some help on this.. i really need those 10 gigs back. :( thx

sounds like a virus to me
run anti-virus
run all the mentioned utilities in the thread
its free

Sadly i have tried all the programs available and the trend micro homecall virus check... no luck with those :/

Ok i have fixed my prob witht the recycle bin... thought i would complete the thread incase any one else has the same problem. all i simply did was rename the the recycler folder to "recycler2" windows then re creates the folder and then u are able to delete the newly renamed folder with no trouble.

Hi Arsenal. Not the 'Recycle Bin' but the Hidden 'Recycler' folder in the root directory of your c: drive. This folder may be named 'Recycled'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom