Computer Restarting "To avoid serious error" related to Graphics Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
I've had my computer for about 3 months, and about 1 month into owning it, it started restarting every time I tried to defragment it. I'd get a blue screen that said "Windows was shut down due to a serious error," and when it restarted and I sent the error report, it would say "Error Caused by Graphics Device Driver."
I ended up running a hard disk check w/ seagate software and it said my hard drive is seriously damaged and should be replaced, but the graphics driver thing made me think it could be that also.

Lately the computer has been doing this same restart every time I leave the computer idle, so I am worried it is getting worse.

I have a 6800 GT, I have the most updated drivers, I've tried rolling back (the most updated are all I have), and uninstalling/reinstalling the graphics drivers.
I've also installed the drivers for my monitor.

Any ideas welcome, I plan on sending the hard drive to Seagate for a new one if nothing else comes to light, since their program DID say it was seriously damaged. However I and others figured this might be a problem related to something else.

HELP NEEDED PLZ! :)
Thanks in advance.

It's at like 51C at desktop. But why would it overheat at idle and defrag but NEVER when I am playing HL2 and CC Generals on ultra high settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom