prime95

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
i'm trying to download prime95 to test my system stability when i overclock, but i cant seem to get it anywhere. can anyone post a link or tell me where to find it. ive tried googling without much luck.

i always get a message that says my connection was declined by mersenne.org and if i go to a mirror site it just wont let me download it.

i did it through aol and it worked. didnt work on firefox. anyway got it working and its running now. i wondered how high do all of your cpus get while running prime 95. mines been going for roughly 8 hours and my cpus at 46c. hit 47c for a little while. just wondering.

Well everyones temps are different. Different hardware, vcore, room temp, case fans, blah blah.

Mine will hit anywhere from 41-45C depending on how cool in the room it is.

Used to never get above 39C when I had tons of case fans, but I moved to the bigwater and my temps actually went up =P

Idle temps are lower, but not load

yea, but look at how quiet your case is now. Think of how it would have been if you put the bigwater in your old case, with all the fans, stacking them on your radiators, configuring them around your case and whatnot lol.

yeah it's definitely not the same high pitched whine as that freakin tornado, but still with 120mms it's making a decent hum :p

I still need to try some different rad configs but I'm lazy :p

But yeah it would have been IMPOSSIBLY to fit the bigwater in that previous case. That's why I had to get a full tower. That mid tower was cramped. Pretty much everyone here has seen my previous rats nest :D

when do you actually finish this program or what is the exact purpose? i had it run about 23 hours then stopped it and started up again for about 3 hours and it basically just keeps running. is this supposed to tell me something after it tests or does it just run forever?

It runs forever man. It's strictly stress testing your CPU when you overclock. 12+ hours of prime95 means you have a stable CPU assuming you use large inplace FFT's test selection. It's not diagnostic software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom