GA-K8NF-9 bios tweaking help. Money for yoU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vumpler

Baseband Member
Hey guys I have the GA-K8NF-9.

My screenshots of the bios are below. I need help setting it up tweaked wise. If someone could message me on one of the following messengers it may be easier. You can post if you would like but in real time i think it would be better. I will then post what settings I put everything at after we talk. Also if you have paypal I could send a small prize to the first to help! The reason fo the urgency is because I play Counter Strike Source and am in cal and need every ounce out of this (whatever you want to call it) that i built lol. We have a huge match sunday and i need it running a little better if possible. So please message me! Thanks :D

AIM: jason1nk
MSN: jason1nk@hotmail.com
Xfire: vumpler

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

urgency would be great guys!

Your only real way to squeeze performance out of it would be overclocking, which you can't really tell someone how to do. You can give them the basics, and there's a sticky at the top that describes all about it.

And 4W4K3 should hopefully read this thread, and if he does, he should post that AMD64 article his friend wrote about AMD64 OC'ing

thats not entirely true. You can set ram timings etc. Also how much improvment would i see out of a sata drive with 8.5sec seek time?

You cant just 'set the RAM timings' man, it requires overclocking for faster RAM, and generally the timings that are on the RAM as is, is about their limits and trying to tighten them up will simply cause instabilities.

Your current timings are 2.5-3-3-7 and it it looks like you don't have any high performance RAM or anything so tightening up those timings will more than likely cause more problems than speeding it up. If it did remain stable it wouldn't be an increase you'd notice.

As far as the SATA drive goes, the seek times are based on how fast information travels between the drive and the motherboard, and how fist the disk spins so there's no setting where you can simply change that because it's hardware limitations.

As I said, overclocking is the only way.

Yeah if you have PC3200 memory, the memclock needs to be at 200, not 166, that's probably why it's running at 2.5-3-3-7 timings and I assume it'll go to 3-3-3-8 when you turn it up to 200

Thanks for the reply :)

well as far as the sata drive goes i wasn't asking to speed it up lol I was asking if by getting a sata drive with 8.5 seek time 7200 with an 8mb buffer i would see anywhere near a significant increase in performance? In that meaning 15-25% which can be noticed.. If not I guess I'll just buy a new mobo and more ram I guess :D

What should I buy?

nforce4 flavor only :)

Your system is fine, the largest increase in peformance you could get is from raising your bus from 200 to as high as it will go, and getting another graphic card

Ok so I'm looking at the HyperX ram and what do you think I should get? I'm hoping to not spend over $250 for a gig of ram. Also my ram clock ill set to 200mhz for now to suffice.

And my bus speed going as high as I can entails what exactly?

You guys rock me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom