I keep losing my desk top started last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandivine

Baseband Member
Windows xp pro sp 2

I keep losing my desk top started last week., the only way I know to get it back is to reboot.
Happens several times a day before remaining stable.

Checked for spyware and viruses, everything clean also
did a system restore to a check point two weeks ago. Have not installed any new programs in six months.

Still does this.

Any ideas????

Thanks, Dan

I dont understand what you are try to say. You are losing where your desktop is? Missing icons? missing taskbar, what? You using XP?

Windows xp pro sp 2

Windows xp pro sp 2

icons, taskbar disapear completely. Only thing left is the wallpaper.

I will turn the computer on in the morning , check my email, go up and make a pot of coffee and when I return the only thing left on the desk top is the wallpaper. Mouse moves cursior but the keyboard commands for start menu and others are inefective, like alt control delete , etc.
So I have to hold the button on the computer to turn it off then reboot. This will happen sometimes three times throughout the day.

Mcafee antivirus is causing these errors. Try uninstalling it and get grisoft AVG free.

Your exact same situation has happened to 3 computers of mine

Also reinstalling windows without mcafee was the only thing that worked on some of my PC's.

As well, one user profile was usually fine and not affected by mcafee's problems.

U can also try to run task manager and then start new process in
run there
explorer.exe
everything will come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom