Is it just me or 6800 Ultra sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
fps_max

thats the command in cz and im fairly sure its the same in source.

Default in cz is 72.0 so 60 would probaly be about right in source as its more graphicaly intense.

Just type

fps_max 150

or whatever you want to be the limit.

Hope it helps :)

it might just be the vertical sync on your monitor. the video card doesnt let the picture go faster than your monitor can show.

Hey stupid, Instead of fighting w/ us and saying your card sux why dont you just calm down and work w/ us? We can probably help you make the great card that it actually is if you j ust work w/ us. So chill man and just let us help you cause there is deffinately something wrong somewhere and if you just listen instead of arguing maybe we can figure out the problem.

Allright here we go...First of i not that stupid i know how these thinngs work and trust me i've tried everything i can think of.

My PSU is 600 W 12v runs at 12.68 <- way more than enough the card gets its own connection(not shared).

Drivers uninstalled- with driver cleaner in safe mode and all that...
Newest drivers from omega and than regular ones were installed No change...

Updated MB bios 1013

Changes in bios: fast write on and tried off.. no luck.

Tried playing splinter cell 3 demo...laged like a biatch with all the highest settings on (1080X 800).

Tried different settings in CS:S like max fps 300, vsynch on off...
oh and b/w dont tell me any commands for source cuz i know all of them like a bible, also by defaults source doesn't have an fps limiter.

ill try to reinstall my windows and everything, if that doesn't work lets just say this card will experience ALOT of pain in my backyard
and ill buy an x850 xt or something

the only thing that i can't fix is that my LCD is 60 hz witch might limit fps, but i dont know for sure

Well i guess you really are stupid if you dont know that the 6800Ultra is the best card right now besides the 6800GT. We will let you ruin your card cause its not our money and were not stupid enough to spend that much money when we can get a GT and do the same thing and we actually know how to program our stuff and make it work right.

Wow...PP that was pushing the boundaries a bit there and wasn't needed. Thats just looking for a flame reply. I hope the owner doesnt mind that I close this thread because these never go smoothly

- Nubius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom