what is this error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seria

PC Cutie ^_^
I am trying to copy data from a data-DVD to my HD.

this error keeps coming up, but only randomly.

What does it mean?

Attachments

• error.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 44
A "CRC" error is most often caused by bad media - it could be any of the following:

1. A dirty disc,
2. A scratched disc
3. A poor quality disc (cheap media if it happens during the "Burn" section of your work)
4. A bad disc from the Mfgr.

It can also be from a bad optical component in your drive. At this time I don't believe it's your drive at all.

If you recently purchased this disc new from a store, I would return it as defective if just cleaning and the proper use of DVD Decrypter doesn't get the job done.

I'd like you to check your DVD Decrypter's settings. First, it should be version 3.5.1.0. Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO Read Mode", "tick" "Remove PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with scratched discs which may cause ripping problems.

Some people like ripping with DVD Decrypter using the "File" "Mode" BUT, especially for episodel-type DVD's, I feel that nothing can beat ripping the DVD using the "ISO", "Read", "Mode". After you've ripped your disc using the "ISO" "Read" "Mode", open DVD Shrink go to File", "Open Disc Image " to locate your ISO image - after allowing DVD Shrink to load up the image, just process it as usual then burn to disc using your burner of choice.

HINT: If you are going to burn with DVD Decrypter, DON'T FORGET TO - go back to DVD Decrypter after ripping, to reset the "Mode" from "ISO - Read" to "ISO - Write".

Here are some other little "tricks" which may or may not help -

The "Magic cleaning" technique: Try cleaning your DVD discs. Yea, I know they're new and clean but do it anyway. Do it a few seconds before inserting it into your DVD tray, use a disc cleaner, eyeglass cleaning solution or 99% Isopropyl Alcohol and a soft cotton cloth and rub-a-dub, dub. As soon as you're finished, "Pop" it into your DVD tray and fire up your program

Begin by playing your DVD with your PC’s player. Play for two or three minutes then open your DVD Shrink, DVD X Copy or your weapon of choice - as soon as you begin your rip turn off your player so it doesn’t interfere. The playing before hand is only so that your ripping program can “Find” your DVD.

"Dr. ScubaPete's, too cheap to buy the professional stuff, Recipe Book for Scratch Repair."

To help with those small "Kiddie Scratches" on your DVD's -

TO BE USED AS A FINAL RESORT to retrieve scratched DVD's.

Materials needed:
A soft cotton cloth
Toothpaste w/Borax (Arm & Hammer may be added)
(Brasso metal polish may be used as a substitute for toothpaste)
Isopropanol Alcohol
Pledge
Glass
Ice
Orange Juice and Vodka

Method: "If this doesn't work it's into the "Circular File" (an Americanism meaning "The Garbage can") with you -

START:
1. Place the disc on a firm soft surface.
2.Apply a small amount of toothpaste with a small amount of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to a clean, soft cotton cloth and apply to your DVD. Rubbing very firmly in even strokes from the center outwards towards the edge. Repeat 10 to 15 times. Do this over the entire disc turning the disc slowly in a circular manner, always going from the inside to the outer edge.

When Finished –
3. clean it either with a commercial unit (available at "Radio Shack" OR your local electronics store) OR clean the disc thoroughly with a clean cotton cloth moistened with Isopropanol Alcohol, Contact lens cleaner OR in a bind, you may use some Windex (Windex has some additives, coloring and the like). Clean by using a firm even rubbing motion from the center outwards towards the edgeClean the disc thoroughly with a clean cotton cloth moistened with Isopropanol Alcohol, Contact lens cleaner OR in a bind use some Windex, using a firm even rubbing motion from the center outwards towards the edge.

NEXT:
4. Using a clean piece of cotton cloth, apply Pledge to the entire disc in the same manner as the toothpaste was applied above.

Attempt to play disc.
5. If the disc refuses to play, take 1 large 12oz. glass, add just 3 Ice cubes, too many ice cubes will "water down" the mixture rendering it unsuitable for usage, then add 70% Orange Juice and 30% Vodka. The contents are to be shaken, NOT STIRED. The glass's contents are to be liberally applied internally.

Steps 2 through 5 may be repeated as required to recover disc.

After 2 complete passes, step 5. may be repeated PRN. (PRN is medical lingo for "As needed" OR "Whenever you want.) :p)

~Seria

It looks like to me that the file that your trying to copy it into is simply, corrupted.

the DVD-R is not scratched at all.

the file(s) is/are mp3(s).

some of them I can copy and then others I cant.

If i remove the dvd and re-insert it, the error would come up on different mp3s instead of the same ones.

so its like windows or the drive is randomly selecting which files are accessible.

i have, i get two or three done then the error comes up again. (there are around 1500 files, so taking the disc out and putting it back in every 3 files would take forever.) lol... he, he, he, (sigh):-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom