Blasted Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

geffin

In Runtime
Well, it seems Microsoft's attempts at anti-piracy are about to skyrocket... Starting on Feb. 28th, Microsoft is scheduled to disable online activation. This sounds good, but... it isn't. Think about it like this: I go out and buy a pc. It's already activated and I'm rocking it with winblows XP home... makin movies... I get a freaking virus, and I have to re-install windows. Luckilly my computer came with a restore disk huh? I get done installing windows, and since they have disabled online activation, I have to call microsoft, and answer a "Series of Questions" before I can re-activate it. This is supposed to be a big road block for large companies that sell OEM activation codes to smaller compainies... follow this link for the full story:
LINK

No, it seems like it's for all versions of windows... So if you go buy an hp from walmart, to reinstall, you have to talk to support reps at microshaft to reactivate it.

the corp version of pro u dont need 2 registe.r other versions u do need 2 register.

I have a corp version :cool:

Here is the program you will be seeing:

GenuineCheck,exe

We're on the radar screen.

Microsoft's new Windows Genuine Advantage program seeks to curb software piracy by allowing downloads only to licensed copies of their operating systems. To do this, an executable named GenuineCheck.exe (MD5 hash = 05499eaa4d4f55af32f5b14561ee7e55) gets downloaded if you go to their website with Firefox. If you happen to look at the strings in that file, you'll notice a reference to a registry key that looks curiously familiar: SOFTWARE\Wine\Wine\Config. That little string, albeit subtle, happens to be the first Wine-specific test Microsoft has made in a program.

What exactly does windows have to do with wine?

At least i have legal copy's of XP, but due to the retardism of microsoft, im debating if i should morally pay for copy's anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom