RAM memory question

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes to a certain extent i think depending on ur system up to 1Gb is plenty. most fairly hard core gamers hav usally hav 512mb-1Gb
what are ur system specs?

256-512 gives you a large performance increase
512-1024 gives you a smaller performance increase
1024-2048 gives no performance increase (some apps decrease performance)

What hes saying is if you go from 256 to 512 you will see a decent performace increase.

From 512 - 1Gb, the increase will not be so noticable.

Over 1Gb and you just wasting money.

Between 512 & 1Gb will give best performance.

depending on the rest of your system though....

as it would be pointless having 1gb of ram with a 5200. But 512 gave me choppy performance in halflife 2, with my 6800.

I've seen a significant performace gain when upgrading from 512mb to 1.5gb. Ripping and burning dvds takes no time now, I can do mulitple tasks while running a cpu intensive app so I would recommend going as high as you can, soon, I will be at 4gb....

My specs are:

Pentium 4 with HT: 3.00GHz
512MB
111GB hard drive

If I upgraded to 1GB RAM, will there be a noticable difference in gaming and multi tasking? Games like Halo get choppy on singleplayer and my computer generally slows hella down with alot of programmes working.

Ok the more ram the better the performance. Yes you will see a huge performance increase if you have 2gb. you can turn off the page file on your computer. That will give you a massive jump in performance. Also if you can support 4 gb, you can look into using a RAMDISK setup.

MORE RAM = MORE PERFORMANCE
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom