nforce motherboards - Which One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks alot!

One more thing though, are you referring to if I put two cards in my system instead of one? I'm looking to purchase one, but it all depends on how much of an increase.

Just get an SLI board and a 6800GT PCI-E

Add a second one when the price drops, or get it when you have the money w/e

DJ-CHRIS said:
Just get an SLI board and a 6800GT PCI-E

Add a second one when the price drops, or get it when you have the money w/e

Thats great if your a heavey gamer which has been stated and the poster isn't.

Also stated was the upgradability of a SLI PCI-E board which has very little if any at all.

Okay, so I'm going nforce4 ultra, Athlon 3500, and one of the 6600 or 6800 series cards (haven't decided yet).

Thanks everyone for their help! I found out more than I had hoped for. :) :D

BTW: just for reference sakes, 754 doesn't support dual channel RAM, and will also be dropped by AMD, with the exception of their mobile processors which hopefully I'd rather see make the jump to socket 939. Plus socket 939 regular desktop chips will have dual core in the future.

It's just more beneficial to go 939 and not 754 at this time

Thanks for the info.

One more thing, if you don't mind, I was just browsing Newegg again, and pricing all my stuff, and I came across the 3000 AMDs:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-501&depa=1

Here was the 3500 I was going to get:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-498&depa=1

The price is alot better... but it also has less power. However, that's the only difference it has.
Would this be, in your opinion, a good processor for what I want to do?

Hmm... yea, the 3200 is only $40 more, I'm still saving around $100 compared to the 3500.

What I've always wondered is, how come the AMD clock speed are so much lower than Intel's, when the performace is better?

they make more effircient use of each clock cycle by doing more with each, so a 2.2ghz amd=3.5ghz intel but it also means higher temps, thats why they run at lower speeds, but when/if they ever hit a barrier at which clock speeds max out, intel will be f*cked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom