buying a amd 64 3000 939 90nm need help OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome article 4W4K3, bout time a good amd64 instructional OC'ing guide was written. Kudos to your friend

yea i went asus and its find for ocing but there arn't enough vcore and vdimm options although the fact that it is stable past 300fsb is good A8N-SLI Delux

Well for OC, you really want Abit and DFI hands down. Theirs no such thing as stable mobo-Gigabyte. All Abit, DFI, and MSI are great mobo's. Its not like Abit and DFI are only good for OC, they make the best mobos with MSI period. Just make sure you read those links up and down.

You should've waited and gotten EpoX's EPNDA3+ w/ nForce 3 Ultra.

EpoX is guaranteed the best OC'er (excluding Abit) because they have the HIGHEST vcore settings, up to 2.1v I believe. Not even Abit has this much.

Only current Abit motherboard with this much is the AN7 w/ nForce 2 Ultra400. It has up to 2.5v I believe.

All the other companies now (including Abit) are reducing vcore settings, to obstruct your overclocking range.

thx for the sugesstions i decided i was too nobby to mess around with overcloaking since im getiign everything at a low budget. but thx i really apreacited i'll kepp in mind your advice just in case i wanted to go for it. thx

My chip tops out FAR before my board's vcore limit lol. having more vcore doesn't really mean a better overclock. if i could actually use 2.1-5v into my CPU it would be hittting 3.4GHz or so...and of course it doesn't. Past 1.8v i haven't gotten any better overclock...it'll do 2.6GHz on 1.75v...never gotten to 2.7GHz yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom