Is it just me or 6800 Ultra sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo dudes STFU about Nvidia vs ATI they both suck. This post was supposed to be about me trying to find out why i get such low fps.

yea your calling your 6800u stupid, but i bet its calling you a moron behind your back and waiting for u to bend over.

yea yea blame it all on the hardware. Well tough luck buddy cause its all the operators fault. And what i was sayin was Nvidia has stomped ATI flat W/ EVERY generation of cards now. Got the proof.

sheesh...what a messy thread.

You need to remove the 60FPS limit in CS:S via the console. Like someone else said...Google for the command.

Even if you are SURE you installed it right...do it again. Wipe your system clear of ALL video drivers. I mean get them back to Windows defaults 640*480 or w/e it is...then reinstall them. This should get rid of any kind of driver conflicts you MIGHT have.

Your 6800U is an awesome card...its merely the users (or your) job to figure out what is wrong with his/her computer to get it up to speed with the new hardware. Some cards are just plug and play...i've had a few i just popped in and installed drivers for and they worked great. OTHER cards require a more precise approach...they want ENTIRE solitude on your system before they will really shine (alot of ATi cards are this way, and i guess now you have found an nVidia one that is this way too.)

nVidia and ATi both make solid cards...but as expected not 100% of them are going to work properly. It could very well be that you got a bad card and nothing you do fixes its crappy performance. Return/RMA/Sell/Trade it for a new one that works and then move on. If you ditch nVidia over this one card...just remember you might pop in a brand new X800XL just to find out it also is defective and you have to RMA it. It happens to everyone...the trick is to see if it's your fault, or the cards fault, and then diagnose the problem without exploding :)

P.P. Mguire said:
yea yea blame it all on the hardware. Well tough luck buddy cause its all the operators fault. And what i was sayin was Nvidia has stomped ATI flat W/ EVERY generation of cards now. Got the proof.

I really thought the 9800's were mopping the floor with nvidia for a while.

Now nvidia is mopping the floor with ATI.

My approach is to reformat and build the system drivers with the New Card.Look for some updated Chipset Drivers/Maybe even a MB BIOS Update.Use A good Power Source 2 Leads comming directly from the PS not shared.(Thats what i like about Enermax PS's)Check your AGP Voltages . Fast Writes or Write Combining can create Performance Issues on some systems . You'll have to test your system with them on or off to see how it cripples or increases your Sytem Performance.You need to get a clean install and give the Card a burn in time of at least a weak before you jump to overclocking the card.
The 9800 Pro was a good card for its time .I replaced my 9800 Pro with the regular 6800 on my Home PC .And it runs circles around it :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom