Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
Just wondering,
Im about to buy an AMD athlon xp 2500 OR a 2.4ghz intel p4..... This set-up is ONLY to play games on, i will be using a Radeon 7000 video card and the specs are shown below. Which of these 2 are better for gaming puposes???
Thanks,
-Syphanx

Ok ok i see your point but....
What in your eyes is a GOOD gaming computer??? With ALL good parts, and it came down to the processor what would u put in Amd or Intel???

2.4GHz pentium 4 has more OC headroom.

But either chip will do you well stock. The radeon 7000 is the component you really should be thinking about changing.

Agree about the graphics card.

Personally I only buy AMD now, mostly because I can expect to save at least £100 building an AMD system.

i think you just answered your own question. the price difference is very big between these two processor which probably deliver about the same performance. i can buy two 2500 barton CPU's for the price of a single 2.4 P4!

in bios set the AMD 2500b using the included stock heatsink/fan to 200mhz cpu external frequency from the default of 166mhz. you will have a XP3200 for $90. to me intel vs amd is a no brainer. it would be better spent to use the money you saved to buy a better video card.

yeah ok guys thanks i get the point a new video card....
now onto the matter of what Video card i should buy.... Im thinking of a Geforce4 mx440 agp x8, 128mb. Mainly because i know where i can get them for $95 (Aust).
Is this a good choice or not?
I will be upgrading my computer in about 2 weeks to the following....

Amd Athlon 2400 OR 2500xp
another 40gb Maxtor HD (80gb in total)
7n400PRO2 gigabyte mb
256mb/ddr pc2700 ram
And a new case (midi tower, willing to spend about $80 - $100)
Is this going to be a good gaming system?? ^^

if you play a lot of games you need to be thinking something more expensive. i had a gforce 4 MX 440, they are decent but if you intend to play a lot of games go for a geforce FX card at $150-200 or more. a geforce FX5900 would be nice :) but if you can't afford that go with at least a FX5600

You should avoid the MX cards.
They are just bastardised versions.. not worth the money.

I would rather get a 128MB FX 5600 Ultra for about £140 (i think).

yeah but guys im not full rich lol, do you guys have any good solutions for a card which is not that expensive ($200 - $250 aust) which is a good gaming card???

GeforceFX 5200 128mb DDR TV-OUT DVI
Leadtek Winfast for (130AUS)

Pwange card michael. Great gaming for a great price
Im sure alot of people would agree mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom