Problems with my geforce4 mx440 agp8x

Status
Not open for further replies.

cip

Beta member
I have a Matsonic motherboard with AGP 4X and a Geforce 4 mx 440 with AGP 8X. After I install the video card and the drivers for it ( i tried the lates detonator 44.23 ) and after restarting the computer the screen goes black like when it's on stand-by.
I tried different drivers for it but still nothing. To enter in windows i have to start the computer in safe mode and uninstall the detonator driver. After this there is no problem. It enters in windows it's finding mt graphic adapter but with it's one drivers. If i try to change the resolution the problem apears again ( the screen goes black after 3-4 sec). To reenter in windows i have two choices: Safe mode and uninstall the device; To enable vga mode.
I've tested the gf4 with another computer and it's working.
I don;t noe if it's of any help: I have Lg Studioworks 563n monitor

i've had some problems with the newer detonator drivers too. stick with the drivers that came with your vidcard. i remember there was one fairly old but stable detonator driver for my PNY gforce4 mx440SE, i can't remeber the version number but i think on windrivers.com is where i found a copy of it.

if your card works fine with the drivers that came with it you should not try to upgrade it unless you have only the default generic winxp drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom