What's your biggest computer disaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
best buy just sucks- my parents used to bring our old Packard Bell pentium1 in there for fixing, and one time they lost it!! They said we can't find it! About 2 weeks later they called us and said they had found it... thats pathetic!

Pilotwings119 lmao, thats sooo damn funny. Just striaght losing a customers computer lol. I can imagine that phone call, "Hi i was wondering if my computer is finshed" "yeahh uhh we are really sorry your computer is MIA"! hahahaha

My mother brought me a ceaser salad from tgi fridays once and she was on her cell phone and I was in my computer room, shes like "here" and didn't notice my hand WASN'T out. Anyways she dropped it and bam all the ceaser salad all over my damn case with the dressing running down the glass. I thought the worst was over until the fan started spinning that crap on the motherboard my god. I am VERY surprised my computer still worked. That case still smells like ceaser dressing, moved all my stuff to a new one. I just used canned air and everythings clean now. Did it right away too before it encrusted. I'm surprised what motherboards can go through these days.

Attepting to force a Heatsink on to a new AMD and having the screw driver slip off the clip and make a nice long scratch accross the top of my MB, ruined something cause that MB never booted again. I also cracked the core of a 9600Xt trying to put on a VGA silencer that some genius at compusa had packed in the wrong box. But I RMA-ed that.

I dropped a G4 Mac down a flight of stairs. I was carrying it up stairs by its trusty anchor handles and one of them clean broke off, which sent the Mac rolling down the two stories of stairs to finally smack into the glass wall at the other end. I'm just thankful it was very late at night and no one was coming up! It surely would have knocked them down as well..man that thing caught some speed!lol.

Two really bad things have happened to me.

When I was building my box about six months ago, I realized I didn't have a heatsink. My dad said "Just turn it on anyways, it won't hurt!" Obviously it did. I blew my processor.

So a couple of weeks later I get a new processor (and a heatsink). I put everything in the case, and turned it on. THE MEMORY SOCKET CAUGHT ON FIRE!!! Luckily the memory was still usable, so I was able to use it on my new mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom