building a custom computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkExploit

Baseband Member
my first question is, If I buy OEM parts for them computer will it be harder to install them... since I won't have drivers or anything... I was wondering how i would get the drivers... if someone answers me on this i will ask some more questions.. I'm going to take a CISCO class maybe next week

Usually windows has generic drivers that can be used until you get the latest drivers. If they are really old parts you might be out of luck, but you should be good with new parts. To get the latest drivers you should look on the internet, there are whole websites dedicated to driver hosting.

usually oem means that its not i the retail package. it still has all the cables and other stuff needed to run the hardware.

good luck

usually oem products should come with drivers (mine did), if they dont then just download them from the website

Yeah, most web sites are easy to get 'em from (I just downloaded all of mine)...

But for example, if you buy the processor OEM...you just need a fan with it... Err...what they said!

cool... and are the IDE cables just the ones that you use to plug everything together..?
Tell me if this is an alright set up for only 800 dollars.

Western Digital Special Edition 80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model WD800JB, OEM Drive Only

Intel Celeron D "320" 2.40 GHz, 533MHz FSB, 256K L2 Cache Processor - Retail

ASUS "P4P800 SE" i865PE Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU -RETAIL

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 - OEM

Mitsumi Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive, Model D359M3D/D359M3B, OEM

COOLMAX Floppy 12" Round Cable Transparent BLUE -RETAIL

Plextor 12X DVD+/-RW Drive, Black, Model PX-712SA/SW-BL, Retail
(would this drive run regular cd's to? or do i need to get another one?)

Encore 10/100Mbps PCI Ethernet Adapter, Model ENL832-TX-RENT

Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 -OEM

MGE Viper Black/Red ATX Mid Tower With 500W PSU & Blue UV Acylic Window, Model "CA-VIPER-KR 500W" -RETAIL

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9600PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "100561-GRN" -OEM BULK

Sabrent 6-Channel 5.1 Surround Sound 3D PCI Sound Card Model SBT-SP6C - Retail

YOMMO SP-DHT819C 5.1 Channel PC Home Theater System -RETAIL

11-171-053-02.JPG

so is that a good deal? or do I have the wrong parts lol...

yeah celerons are bad, they are cheap for a reason. A 2.4ghz one aint anything special either, i got my 2.6ghz celeron about a year ago now, so 2.4 is older still.

You would be better off looking at a amd 64 3000+ or something similar in the P4 world. But this means that if you change cpu you will need a new mobo, so watch out.

^^^
No celeron's and get a 6600GT minimum if your a gamer.

Also you can cut out the LAN card as your mobo has an intergrated one.

Also, to get drivers for OEM stuff, download them off the web.

Dark, make sure if you get a Intel, it ALWAYS has "800mhz FSB". Also, make sure its a LGA775, witch you did, so good deal man. I recommend getting the 2.8ghz LGA775, nothing lower. Its not that rough, but you really dont want something under those operating frequencey's with a Intel.

If you can swing a 3.0ghz LGA775, then your allllll good. I know its expensive builting a computer. But you always want to make sure you spend money on a processor. You can alway get a cheap case, and a ok sound card. Same with a psu. So dont be to shy on that processor. Again, never get a celeron dude, i know you really dident know. But those are a nightmare man.

Also, make sure you get a Serial SATA HDD (Hard Drive). Those are slightly more money, like 10 dollars. But they are alot better. IDE HDD arent good, SATA carries more data.

I dident know that demon case had 2 80mm fan slots in back. So once you have the money to start a cooling system for OC. You can get 2 really good 80mm fans. Dual Vantec tornados would work great back there lol.

If your really going to do some serious gaming. Then a better video card would work alot better. A eVGA 6600 GT would be ideal, those are 200$. That video card would work really great. Its the best for the buck kind of card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom