Is it just me or 6800 Ultra sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is definately wrong. I got 70+ (can't remember the exact number) on my 6800GT. This is also with very high settings. I did not test it on other settings to see if it makes a difference. My in game also breaks 60fps and I didn't change any settings so I don't think there is a cap.

The 6800 Ultra should be way faster than a 9800 Pro. There should be no comparison. If there is, something in your system is horribly wrong.

P.P. Mguire said:
are you sure you have the latest driver? have you completely taken out the ATI drivers? do you have DX9c? do you have the 8xagp turned on?

Seconded. Stupid, I'd check all these things...

How do all your other games run? Have you done any benchmarks (3DMark, Aquamark etc)?

And check out your Registry. ATI's uninstall doohickey does a good job, but it still leaves a folder with a file or two behind in it.

Also, the above advice is good. Something is bottlenecking it.

i have two radiators with my Bigwater so i guess thats why it works so well.
Yeah so do I, and extra fans for each radiator, and I have a mobile chip that's almost half the wattage of that normal XP chip so mine default should be cooler. The main difference would be that getting to 3GHz for you would only be 800MHz leap and for me it would be a 1.2GHz leap because the highest I can get mine stable is 2.7GHz and 2.8GHz I can get to boot into windows, but freezes immediately on starting of prime95.

i get 50K in aquamark
5044 in 3dmark 05
11690 in 3dmark 03
3688 in PCmark 04

What would be bottlenecking it

B/W Nvidia SUCKS im never buying another nvidia

HAHAHA you can keep saying that but everytime ATI shoots out a card Nvidia is gonna stomp it flat just like everything else. Oh and you cant say the FX series was a failure, causer i have proof it wasnt!!!

P.P. Mguire said:
HAHAHA you can keep saying that but everytime ATI shoots out a card Nvidia is gonna stomp it flat just like everything else. Oh and you cant say the FX series was a failure, causer i have proof it wasnt!!!

That is so true. I don't know why we even have these ATI vs. Nvidia debates, because anybody who looks at the facts sees, that without a doubt, Nvidia wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom