First time building computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I call ASUS tech support, they tell me the bundle TIGERDIRECt gave me is NOT comptatible (motherboard BIOS not compatible with processor and they need to send me a new one) WHAT IDIOTS! WHY DO THEY SELL A BUNDLE OF NOT COMPATABLE PARTS!?!??! argh *frustrated*

Im going to call and see if I can get free stuff or money back, I spent over 30 hours trying to get this working...

if i where you i would call them ask for a full refund, even though they dont refund cpu's half the time, and ask for something in return for a waist of time.

It's not the reseller's fault. I take it, the system is now dead? Any other news? It's been through some rigorous tests. A CPU was pushed to nearly 100C and when you started, you weren't sure where to plug in the hard drive.

MB's are the only computer parts I've ever had to send back. It makes sense if you think about it. MB's are expensive to test. You can plug a card or a cpu into a slot or socket and run a few tests before you package it. For a MB, you'd have to test every socket and every plug and every port designed for almost an infinite combination of possible peripheries. You can't do that and remain competitive. The comsumer often ends up being the first person to apply voltages to the new board.

When you build, you buy from MB's from a source with a good return policy because you expect to send some back.

Yeah, I have started to read quite a few bad things about them. I made one order from them and didn't have a problem, but it was a small order. I wouldn't place a large order from them after what I have read.

they said I could sent it back and get a new one, but I don't want to, nothing is wrong with it, ASUS is going to send me a new BIOS chip, and problem solved... Unless you think I did serious damage to MB, but I don't see such happening...

they said I could return both MB and processor, and they said they'd send me both new, think it needs to be done, is anything damaged?

If they will send you a new setup then let them! If I knew my CPU topped 90C, I'd jump at a chance for new one. Here you are trashing TigerDirect but they've offerred to send a new CPU and MB with no questions asked?!?! What more could you want? Forget the BIOS chip, you'll get a new rig from TD sooner and be ready to rock. It'll be easier for you than replacing the chips - too much room for error and you still really don't know if it IS the BIOS.

I've seen this same story many times. I have dealt with suppliers that will argue against any return and blame you for being incompetent. That's a complex piece of equipment for less than the cost of a good chair. What can you expect?

*sigh* yup, Im just going to return and get a new one. I already got the MB and processor off ebay for cheaper, now I want to get a cool looking case to match my blue fan, any suggestions on what to look for in a good case?

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-170-020&DEPA=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51062&item=6746306566&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51064&item=6746433258&rd=1 (I want this fan just to make it look better)

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom