6800 GT vs 6800 Ultra......worth the extra $$$ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj74

Beta member
Is the 6800 Ultra worth the extra $130? If you had the $130 would you use it on the video card or put it to something else?

This thread has been posted thousands of times. Get the eVGA 6800GT and just overclock it to Ultra specs. It is very easily done. Its definately not worth getting the Ultra.

i would use it on something else. First off, if you can get the EVGA version of the 6800GT, i hear it overclocks easily to ultra speeds, so really your savin 130 bucks. You should save.

Yea i have the GT now that they are talking abou tand you can get it right out of the box and oc that bad boy and its an ultra. Hell if you want you can prolly flash it and it would be an ultra for 130$ less! But put it to something else like ram or something.

Yeah this has been a common issue, like everyone else says, OC it to a ultra, not very hard.

but not everyone is confident enough to overclock it, some people would rather be safe n spend the rest.. as for performance, the 6800GT will be more than enuf for a while, the 6800U is better but not really for the average joe

yea i say oc it and if ur not happy with ocing with stock cooling get better cooling for it and then oc it and you will be still better off in terms of cash than if you bought the ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom