Computer keeps restarting - Repair didn't fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvan56473

Solid State Member
I rebooted my computer because a program that I had been installing froze (www.homestead.com) and now it keeps trying to restart. When I tried to restart normally it had the Windows Logo with the green bar flashing and then a blue screen appears for a brief second and then it tries to restart. There are words on the blue screen but it flashes so fast I can't make any of them out. I tried to repair it and it said this when it finished.

"Setup cannot set the required Windows XP configuration.
This indicates an internal setup error

Contact your administrator"

Anyone know what this could be?

Thanks.

When I try it in safemode it quits halfway through the drivers.

I kept watching the blue screen while it was trying to reboot and got the word "Systemroot" I believe.

Last known good configuaration does the same thing.

I did get a snapshot of the screen with my camera before it went away. It's a horrible picture but some of the words can be made out.

The picture is too big to attach but here is what I can make out:

Stop ----------- (registry file failure)
The registry cannot load the ------ (file)
or --- log of alternate
It is corrupt, absent or not ----------

--------- ------- of physical memory
Physical memory ------- complete
Contact your system administrator or technical
assistance

Does any of this make sense to anyone?

Thanks everyone for helping!

SYMPTOMS
After the file copy portion of Windows XP setup has been completed, you may receive an error message similar to the following:
Setup can not set the required Windows XP configuration information. This indicates an internal setup error. Contact your system administrator.
CAUSE
This issue can occur if a piece of hardware that is installed on your computer is incompatible with Windows XP.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, update your BIOS, check your motherboard for compatibility with Windows XP, and remove any added hardware.

Do not attempt to edit your BIOS settings. Consult your computer documentation or obtain technical assistance from the manufacturer.

Determine whether or not the hardware installed on your computer is compatible with Windows XP. For additional information about hardware that is compatible with Windows XP, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
295322 How to Determine If Hardware or Software Is Compatible with Windows XP
Remove any hardware that may be incompatible. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, double-click System.
3. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
4. Click to expand the hardware you want to remove.
5. Right-click the item you want to remove, and then click Uninstall.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
7. When the uninstallation process is complete, close Device Manager, and then restart your computer.NOTE: It may be necessary to also physically remove the hardware from the computer before you continue with Windows XP Setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom