First time building computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then that would give you a chance to flash the BIOS. Have you tried a boot floppy? Your manual has instructions on flashing the BIOS with the latest version from ASUS. See if you are comfortable with that procedure. If I were you, I'd try it.

Uh-oh, I just tried to reset the BIOS again because it wouldn't give me anything when it booted, and now when I try to power-on, it won't, even though the green LED Light on my motherboard is green... everything is plugged in the same, except now it wont boot up... this is bad I think :(

Well... make sure the battery is back in and the jumper is secure in the default position. Did you buy that board at a place with a good return policy?

Oh, weird, okay I got it too boot, don't know how, I held the reset button when I hit the power one, don't know why that would work though...

hmmm.... has me wondering about the front panel connections.

so what the heck, try a single memory stick, try flashing the BIOS, try booting on a floppy, try unplugging the floppy and booting on CDROM....

*Sigh*

When I boot I don't even get any picture on my monitor, I've tried reseting the BIOS twice, still no picture, everything is in place...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom