getting a new video card..

Status
Not open for further replies.
delete everything on the hard drive.

you can't run 2 different cards at the same time, as it wont work, as if they are agp, then there isnt enough slots for them in the first place. and if it was pci, than the pc would choose one over the other, and with PCI express, you have two of the same cards, so it would work.

leaving the drivers on woud cause clashes with the new ones.

r1c3_808 said:
i talked to my classmate as skul, he said that you can just swap the card without uninstalling the driver and you can probably have two card at once with two drivers. He's just retarded right? Because i want to make sure, i dont want to #*(&$# up my system.

You can run an AGP and PCI graphics card at the same time. However it's annoying and hard to run.

Best thing to do is reinstall, but i have gotten away swapping brands of cards without a reinstall.

ok, sorry but i dont really understand what to do... The simplelest thing that i understand how to do is probably to uninstall the old driver from the device manager , then shut down and switch cards. That will work right?

r1c3_808 said:
ok, sorry but i dont really understand what to do... The simplelest thing that i understand how to do is probably to uninstall the old driver from the device manager , then shut down and switch cards. That will work right?

yes!!!! you don't need to format yoru computer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom