Good way to spend $1100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that case only has one 80mm fan slot, so look at something else, with more fans slots. The psu would probally be a really cheap one. It is worth spending a bit more money on them.

dfi make really good boards, so keep that one you chose.

Don't go with a Chaintech mobo, they aren't as good overclocking/stability wise as some of the other brands.

DFI is fine, but you are taking a hit or miss kind of risk. There boards that WORK, are rock solid and overclock well, but alot of people RMA a few times before they get a solid board. That's the way it was for my friends...he got 2 bad ones and finally his 3rd was awesome...did better than my board. I suggest ABIT or ASUS as well, but i imagine the DFI will do fine, assuming it works out of the box like any other board.

If you plan on overclockign alot then that Mushkin won't be the best. It's Value RAM and not known to overclock very high...but i'd say it should hit ~230MHz (i have a kit like that that does 230MHz on an NF2 system) For light overclocking or stock uses it should do jsut fine.

Your case is all you, your preference. BUT the PSU that comes for free with the case is most likely extremely cheap. If it works, then good, you got a PSU. But i would keep ~$100 in your pocket JUST INCASE the included PSU is crap. That's just a precaution though.

If you are doing water cooling then building your own kit is the best way to go. A $100 "kit" isn't going to do better than air cooling most of the time, and sometimes it's actually worse then a good heatsink and fan.

That kit looks to have a pretty small pump/rad...so your not gonna get much cooling. It also uses small aluminum blocks...you really want a thick copper block. Not sure how much tubing you get either...but it looks to be VERY little from the pictures. With a loop that small and so little cooling you are going to have pretty high temps from the looks of it.

Building your own kit is very simple, you just need to decide on the parts and assemble it (they come with instructions...or online you can find them easily) and you will get FAR better cooling than any store bought kit.

bigtimeballer50 said:
get abitttttttttt orrrrr asussssssss those are ur only 2 good choices! listen!

Asus have really fallen off, own one of their boards (or more) and see.

When I read the reviews for that water cooling system on Newegg, people really liked it. Many said that it was a great system and their temperatures drastically changed.

I was wondering, are there chances for leaks? What are the advantages and disadvantages to water cooloing? Does that system come with a cpu cooler and vga cooler? Any info would be great.

persianxballer said:
When I read the reviews for that water cooling system on Newegg, people really liked it. Many said that it was a great system and their temperatures drastically changed.

I was wondering, are there chances for leaks? What are the advantages and disadvantages to water cooloing? Does that system come with a cpu cooler and vga cooler? Any info would be great.

It should be better than say stock cooling, but really without testing it i wouldn't know. I am just commenting on what i SEE from a few pictures...i could be totally wrong. Google that system and see if you can get a more in-depth review.

Leaks in watercooling setups are very possible. But with the proper 24hr.+ leak test outside the computer you can rest easy. Just run the kit all setup OUTSIDE the case for a day or 2 and make sure that it doesn't leak. If it does you can send the parts back and get replacements. If it doesn't then you cna be pretty certain it's safe.

It looks to come with 1 CPU block and 1 VGA block. However you might be able to use the VGA block on your northbridge instead if you really want to and it fits. OR you can jsut not use it in the loop and get better temps for your CPU. When you add a new heatsource to your line you make the water that much warmer. With a dedicated line for 1 heat source you get best temps...but if that temp is lower than what you want you can easily add another heat source and still stay in your desired temp area for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom